Chapter 18 – Advertising and Public Relations
1. Describe the major types of advertising, and discuss how they differ.
2. What are the important issues to consider when developing advertising objectives?
3. What are the major differences between sales-based and communications-based advertising objectives?
4. What is an advertising platform? What is the best way to develop a platform?
5. Compare the competition-matching approach with the arbitrary approach in determining an advertising appropriation. Which method might more easily lead to overspending or underspending on the appropriation?
6. What are the major components of a media plan? What limitations must be considered as the media plan is implemented?
7. Why are headlines important?
8. What are the major components of artwork?
9. Why would a marketer conduct a posttest when the advertising campaign has already run and the dollars have already been spent?
10. What are the advantages of using an advertising agency to develop an advertising campaign?
11. What is public relations and for what purposes is it used?
12. Discuss how event sponsorship can be used as a public relations tool.
13. Identify and describe four publicity-based public relations tools.
14. What approaches can be used to evaluate the effectiveness of public relations programs?
15. What steps should an organization take to be able to deal effectively with negative public relations?
16. Advertising is a promotion mix ingredient that is a _________ communication.
18. First Union Bank airs a series of radio ads that claim, “We are the friendly bank.” This campaign would best be described as __________ advertising.
19. The University of Iowa runs a series of ads throughout the Midwest on how friendly and helpful its faculty, staff, and students are as well as how outstanding its academic programs are. This type of promotion would best be characterized as
a) public relations.
b) product advertising.
c) advocacy advertising.
d) institutional advertising.
e) comparative advertising.
20. When a company promotes its position on a public issue, this is specifically referred to as ______ advertising.
We value our customers and so we ensure that what we do is 100% original..
With us you are guaranteed of quality work done by our qualified experts.Your information and everything that you do with us is kept completely confidential.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
The Product ordered is guaranteed to be original. Orders are checked by the most advanced anti-plagiarism software in the market to assure that the Product is 100% original. The Company has a zero tolerance policy for plagiarism.Read more
The Free Revision policy is a courtesy service that the Company provides to help ensure Customer’s total satisfaction with the completed Order. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
The Company is committed to protect the privacy of the Customer and it will never resell or share any of Customer’s personal information, including credit card data, with any third party. All the online transactions are processed through the secure and reliable online payment systems.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more